Saturday, February 04, 2012

Day 7 – Do you like sports? What are your favorite sport?

Everyone who knows me well is laughing at the questions.  Do I like sports?  Ha!

Over Thanksgiving 2011, I spent 4 days in Orlando at a college basketball tournament.  I'll be going back again over Thanksgiving 2012.
In June 2012, I'll be attending major league baseball games at Nationals stadium in Washington, DC, and at Orioles Park at Camden Yard in Baltimore, MD.
I've been to major league baseball games in Atlanta (GO BRAVES!), Seattle, and Kansas City, and spring training games in Orlando (GO BRAVES!), and Sarasota.  I travelled to North Port, FL, to watch my cousin pitch in high school, and will continue to travel to Orlando, FL, to watch him pitch in college.
I've gone to Greenville, SC, to watch teams from the NBA's Development League.
I spend my childhood going to Indiana State High School Basketball Sectionals each winter.
I've been to so many college football games that I have lost count of the number.
I went to USA v Norway baseball in the 1996 Centennial Olympic Games.
I've seen minor league baseball games in Little Rock, AR, Indianapolis, IN, and Chattanooga, TN.
As a staff member at the University of Georgia, I've been to basketball and baseball games, tennis matches, and I work the PGA Nationwide tour golf tournament every May (First Aid tent just off the 2nd tee).  I'll be hitting softball, soccer, swimming and football this year.
In 14 days, I'll be attending my first ever PBR event, the Atlanta Invitational.
In September, I hope to run my first 5K, at Disney.
I am a certified scuba diver.

My all-time, absolutely no-questions-asked, over-everything-else favorite sport, in the entire world, is basketball.  I. Love. Basketball.  Watching it, listening to it, analyzing it, playing it, coaching it, everything about it!!  I simply love it.

So, what do you think?  Do I like sports?

No comments:

Post a Comment