Friday, February 24, 2012

Day 13 – Are you a morning or night person?

One of the hardest things I have to do each day is get up to go to work.  I am NOT a morning person!  I sleep best between the hours of 6am-12noon.  I am the most awake, aware, observant and active between the hours of 4pm-12midnight.  Nothing I've done has managed to change that.  I've always been that way.

This has its distince advantages and disadvantages.

At work, my boss is in the office from 6am-3pm.  She gets more accomplished before noon.  I work 8am-5pm, and get more accomplished after I get back from lunch.  Between the two of us, we have a nice little system going.

When I'm traveling, I LOVE to drive at night.  I'm awake, there's no sun trying to blind me, and there is little-to-no traffic on the roads.  Plus, once I've been up all day, followed by all night, I'm running on adrenaline, and can usually stay up another 12 hours, completing the "day" cycle.  That means that I don't lose any precious vacation time.

On the flip side, I often feel like a louse when I sleep until noon on my non-work days, b/c everyone else I know gets up at a more reasonable time.  Plus, that schedule makes it hard to get errands completed, due to normal business hours.

There are definitely times I miss working nights!!!  It really fit my schedule!

No comments:

Post a Comment