Monday, February 20, 2012

Day 11 – How many languages do you speak? What are they?

I speak Southern.  It's supposedly a recognized form of English.  I'm a big fan of the word "ya'll."  Also, I've never met a word that ends in "g."  I go huntin' and fishin' and muddin' and divin'.  You may catch fish, but I ketch 'em.  It's breakfast, dinner and supper.  We don't have soda or pop, we have Coke (though I have enough Yankee in me to prefer Pepsi, most of the time).

I am as fluent in Pig-Latin as I am in English/Southern (sometimes more so), and I enjoy using it to confuse those few who don't know it (Op is another fun gibberish language I'm fairly good at).

I've studied Spanish, Latin, American Sign Language, and some French and German, but I cannot hold a conversation in any of them.

I can read music fluently (treble and bass clefs), which is as much a way of communicating as any spoken language is.

No comments:

Post a Comment