Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Day 3 - Who was your favorite 90s Nickelodeon actor/actress?

Actor:
Of the shows I watched, David Lascher was my favorite actor.  Even better than his TV show appearances was his portrayal of Robert March in White Squall.  GREAT MOVIE!

There were three other actors on Nickelodeon that I liked even more, and still follow to this day.  Christopher Ralph (In A Heartbeat, Skulls II, Our Hero, Instant Star), Shawn Ashmore (In A Heartbeat, Any Mother's Son, Legends of Earthsea, Terry, X-Men, X2, X-Men: The Last Stand), and Paulo Costanzo (Josie & The Pussycats, Royal Pains) were regulars or recurring guest on the popular children's show Animorphs.  I never really watched the show (though I often bought the books for Kyle), but every once in awhile, I would turn it on just to see what was happening with these three actors.  They've all gone on to have pretty lucrative careers, especially Shawn Ashmore (as well as his twin brother, Aaron).

Actress:
Of the shows I watched, Christine Taylor would have to be my favorite.  And even better than his performance on Hey, Dude, would be her movie career.  She played a great Marcia Brady in The Brady Bunch Movie!

But once again, there were two other actresses that I liked much, much more, even though I either rarely or never watched their Nickelodeon show.  Melissa Joan Hart (Family Reunion: A Relative Nightmare, Two Came Back with the late Jonathan Brandis, Drive Me Crazy), Larisa Oleynik (The Baby-Sitter's Club, 10 Things I Hate About You, A Time for Danicing, Hawaii 5-0) and Amanda Bynes (What a Girl Wants, She's the Man, Hairspray, Sydney White, Easy A) have been two of the funniest actresses I've ever watched.  They have an understanding of comedy that makes their roles enjoyable, unlike so many other "comedic" actors and actresses today, who simply look stupid.

No comments:

Post a Comment