Wednesday, January 04, 2012

7-paragraph Twitter challenge

I'm not good at coming up with blog topics.  I try.  I frequently don't succeed.  That is why I love blog challenges.  They provide me with subjects to talk about, which I really enjoy.  I recently searched for some challenges, and found a bevy of topics to talk about.  Some are short (less than a week) and some are long (a month or more).  I think they will provide me with a nice selection of things to talk about in 2012.

And so begins the first blog challenge of 2012:
The 7-day Twitter challenge

Let me start by saying this:
This will not last 7 days.  This one will probably be the shortest, at 7 paragraphs.  I like the questions, but I just can't make them each last one full blog post.  Sooo.....

What is your Twitter username?
@eldabee

How many people follow your blog?
62 - I'm not very active on Twitter, so I'm not a known entity.  However, some of my coolest followers are:
@MagicalTrash - all about the trash cans at the Disney parks.  Trust me, Steve is great!
@leavenotrace - conservation education nonprofit
@AnthemLights_ST - official Street Team of Anthem Lights, Christian praise band (I love you, Chad!!!)
@JMCousteau - Jean-Michel Cousteau, son of Jacques

How many people do you follow?
321 - I could follow even more, but I try to be selective.  I follow these people for a reason.  I want to be able to read their tweets, and still have time to get things done.  Some of the people I follow are:
@ChadMGraham - singer, member of Anthem Lights, and from Ft Myers, FL (I love you, Chad!!!)
@harwichmariners - Cape Cod Baseball League team
@EricSkoglund25 - my cousin, pitcher for the UCF Knights baseball team, drafted to the Pittsburgh Pirates in 2011 draft, and pitcher on the 2012 Harwich Mariners summer team
@WylandORG - the Wyland Foundation
@FCousteau - Fabian Cousteau, grandson of Jacques
@starbucks - no explanation needed (says the person with the venti toffee nut latte sitting on her desk)
@aaronspod - Aaron Wallace, host of the Zip-A-Dee-Doo-Pod Unofficial Disney Podcast (including the best Top 100 Disney Songs broadcast ever!)

Who is your favorite person to follow?
@loumongello - Lou Mongello, host of the WDW Radio Show, Disney tour guide, Disney trivia master, member of the WDW Radio running team (me, too!).  Check him out at http://www.loumongello.com/ or http://www.wdwradio.com/, or listen to the WDW Radio Show on iTunes.  Specifically, listen to the 12/25/2011 podcast, where Lou reads an email from.....ME!!!!!

Who has the funniest tweets?
@tattoed_dad - fellow Disney lover, UGA employee and musician Christopher Taylor.  He interviewed me for his Disney blog in 2010, and his tweets can be priceless (especially when I know he's talking about UGA).

What kinds of people do you follow?
LOTS of official and unofficial Disney people, various ocean and wildlife conservation organizations, pro and NCAA sports teams, CNN, NASA, and other equally geeky people.  I don't follow very many actors/actresses, singers or professional athletes.  There are a few, but I have my limits. 

Anything you want about Twitter:
I've gotten logs of laughs over my public bio:
"Disney freak, geocacher, aspiring photographer, scuba diver, trumpet player, basketball lover, minister's daughter, with some OCD thrown in for good measure."
I think it's pretty accurate. :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment