Thursday, January 05, 2012

Day 1 - What was your favorite show from the 90s Nickelodeon?

And so, let's begin.
My favorite show on Nickelodeon during the 1990s.

As a kid, I loved Pinwheel.  Little known fact: the original name for the channel was Pinwheel.  Pinwheel was a great combination of animation, live-action, and puppets.  I just loved the show!  My favorite parts were Plus and Minus (and their endless game of "Gotcha Last."), Ebeneezer T. Squint, Picture Pages with Bill Cosby, Curious George, and Paddington Bear.  Pinwheel last aired in 1990.

At times, I enjoyed The Secret World of Alex Mack and Clarissa Explains It All, as well as Hey Dude!.  I tried watching a Hey Dude! rerun a few weeks ago, and I have no idea how I ever liked that show.  I think it had something to do with David Lascher.

But my favorite show had to have been The Rugrats.  I was doing childcare during the last half of the 1990s, and not only was The Rugrats popular with my charges, I just adored it.  That show really gave insite into the workings of the infant and toddler minds.  And it made sense.  I think anyone with children should watch this show!

A special shout out to some of the other decades of  Nickelodeon (to include Nick Junior and TheN/TeenNick):
80s - Adventures of the Little Koala, Inspector Gadget, Danger Mouse, Mr. Wizard's World, The Littles, The Care Bears
00s - Spongebob Squarepants, Beyond the Break, Instant Star, Radio Free Roscoe, Whistler, Degrassi

No comments:

Post a Comment