Friday, July 15, 2011

Day 19 of 30 - Something You Miss

The obvious answer to this is that I miss my dad.  I miss Aunt Jan.  I miss many other people lost to death, so many that I could probably spend an hour or more just trying to remember tham all.

I also miss being able to buy skinny clothes (ok, not skinny, but atleast not plus size).  I miss my Mustang convertible.  I miss Ian.  I miss Mikey and David.  I miss spending summers on the road, seeing the country.  Sometimes, I even miss that first Christmas season in retail - but only sometimes.

But sitting here at my desk, at work, what I really miss are the days of childhood, when my whole life was ahead of me.  I miss those Saturday mornings when I had to clean the livingroom before I could go out and play, but WHILE cleaning the livingroom, I could turn on the TV and watch Dumbo's Circus, Welcome to Pooh Corner, The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh, or Flipper (depending on the time and channel).  I miss the Saturday afternoon naps that I HATED (why, oh why can't we have naps as adults?!!?).  I miss the hot afternoons playing basketball in the yard with all the neighborhood kids.  I miss being a kid, when days were long, and summers even longer, and the two best days of the year were the first day of school....and the last day of school.

No comments:

Post a Comment