Friday, July 08, 2011

Day 15 of 30 - Bible Verse

Revelation 8:2
2 And I saw the seven angels that stand before God, and seven trumpets were given them.

It's a running joke that this is my favorite scripture.  For me, it's proof that we were never meant to be angels who sat on fluffy clouds playing harps.  Where in the Bible does it say that angels were given harps?  No, Jehovah knows that the only instrument of true import is the trumpet.



Marching band, Senior Year, 1995-96

Isaiah 40:31
31 but those who are hoping in Jehovah will regain power. They will mount up with wings like eagles. They will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not tire out.”

This is truly my favorite scripture.  I can see how the scripture is being fulfilled today, as people stand firm and endure, despite persecution and hardship, as they trust in Jehovah.  But it also reminds me that there will be a time when we will truly regain power, and taste life as Jehovah meant us to live it.

No comments:

Post a Comment