Friday, June 24, 2011

Day 11 of 30 - Favorite TV Show

Once upon of time, my list of favorite TV shows would have looked something like this:
Dawson's Creek

That was it.  No other show mattered.  Then Kevin Williamson left the creative staff of the show, and my list began to look more like this:
Mercy, Trauma, Friday Night Lights, ER, Three Rivers, Surviving The Cut, Life After People, Glades, Bones, NCIS, JAG, House, Kings, Pretty Little Liars, Jericho, Related, Wildfire, Kyle XY, Make It or Break It, Life Is Wild, Max Headroom, Gossip Girl, Defying Gravity, E-Ring, Falcon Beach

Then, I got rid of my satellite service, and had to rely on Hulu and Netflix for my TV fix.  My list of shows turned into this:
Standoff, Murder One, Law & Order (any version), Roswell, Beautiful People, Veronica Mars, Lost, Off The Map, October Road, Rookie Blue, Battlestar Galactica, Caprica, The Event, FlashForward, Covert Affairs, Dark Angel, Brothers & Sisters, Fringe

In reality, I don't watch a lot of TV shows anymore.  There are just too many to keep up with, and I don't have the time to get involved in all of them.  But if I had to narrow down the list to my absolute favorites, they would be:
Friday Night Lights
Veronica Mars
Off The Map
Jericho
Kings
Sadly, the only one of those shows that is still on television is Friday Night Lights, and it's wrapping up the final season.  Looks like I'm going to have a bit more time on my hands.

Now, if including mini-series events is allowed, I would have to add in Band of Brothers, The Pacific, Pillars of the Earth, and Into the West.  Some of the best television ever created!

No comments:

Post a Comment