Friday, June 10, 2011

Day 1 of 30 - Introduction, picture, and 15 facts

Hi, I'm Laura.  I am not an alcoholic, drug addict, or Gulf War vet.  However, I probably DO need a 12-step program of some kind, for something.
Let's see....brown hair, brown eyes, average height of 5'6", above-average IQ (or was that number my weight?).  Live in a family commune (you think I'm joking), with 3 of my siblings within walking distance.  Work for the biggest rival of my all-time favorite college team.

Mama, Coach Vince Dooley, and me

1. Broke my first bone in May 2009, at the age of 31 - and the blasted thing STILL hurts!
2. When I started driving, I swore that the two places I'd never drive near were the mall and a college campus.  I was a retail manager for 5 years.  I've now worked for a large public university for more than 4 years.  Never say never!
3. I LOVE chicken.  All shapes, sizes, colors and flavors.
4. I am a certified open water diver.
5. I am a HUGE Atlanta Braves fan.
6. When my brother and I were younger, we'd travel to Panama City Beach with our parents every year.  Every year, we'd make up our PCB Vacation Book, with pages for what needed to be packed, what we planned on doing, where we planned on eating, etc.  G and I have recently been planning a trip to Washington, DC, and in the discussion, we discovered that to this day, when we plan trips, we both still make vacation books to assist us.  I guess old habits die hard.
7. I play the trumpet.  And the french horn.  And the guitar.  And, sort of, the piano.  I can play ON violin, cello, saxophone, bass guitar, flute, drums.
8. I have been to 45 of the 50 US states.
9. My three favorite things to do outside are geocache, hike and swim.
10. I am in love with someone named Bug.
11. I've never wanted kids of my own, but I'm often happiest when I have a baby in my arms.
12. Disney trivia - that is my forte!
13. I plan on moving to South Carolina at the earliest possible convenience.
14. I really want to move to Florida, but I will NOT move that far away from Bug.
15. DOLEWHIP!  It's not a dessert.  It's an obsession.

No comments:

Post a Comment