Sunday, June 12, 2011

Day 2 of 30 - Meaning behind my blog name

Yes, I realize that Day 2 was supposed to be yesterday, but we had a little power outage result from the crazy storms that came through.  So, we're a day delayed.  Deal with it.

Well, first of all, the original name for this blog was Tequila on Ice (which explains why the URL is http://www.tequilaonice.blogspot.com/).  I love tequila.  I also love beer, but Beer on Ice just didn't have the same ring to it.

I was thinking one day about what kind of blog I wanted this to be, and I realized that I wanted it to be about me.  Yes, I will talk about beer and tequila at some point.  But ultimately, the only theme to this blog is me.  What I'm doing, what I want to do, things I'm dealing with, things that make me laugh/cry/angry/bitter/jealous, etc.  So, what would represent my dreams and hopes and life better than Tequila on Ice?  And so I thought some more......

And I remembered some really awesome movie lines about alcohol.

"I don't care how liberated this world becomes - a man will always be judged by the amount of alcohol he can consume - and a woman will be impressed, whether she likes it or not."

"I am the last barman poet / I see America drinking the fabulous cocktails I make / Americans getting stinky on something I stir or shake / The sex on the beach / The schnapps made from peach / The velvet hammer / The Alabama slammer. / I make things with juice and froth / The pink squirrel / The three-toed sloth. / I make drinks so sweet and snazzy / The iced tea / The kamakazi / The orgasm / The death spasm / The Singapore sling / The dingaling. / America you've just been devoted to every flavor I got / But if you want to got loaded / Why don't you just order a shot? / Bar is open."


And one can never forget:
"Coughlin's diet: cocktails and dreams."


Yes, I am a fan of the 1980s Tom Cruise.
Let there be, forever, cocktails and dreams.

No comments:

Post a Comment